Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Distance Ran - 3.15 miles
Time of Run = 36 minutes
Speed of Treadmill = first 4 minutes at 4.0 (walking) 30 minutes at 6.3-6.8, last two at 3.5


I visited my grandma the other day, she is in her 80's and suffering from Alzheimer's disease.  She has no clue who any of us are, and spoke to me in German most of the visit.  She is so tiny and weak, such a different person then I always knew her.  That visit, along with taking a wellness exam for our insurance has prompted me to care more about my health and my body. 

The wellness exam told me that while I get sufficient cardiovascular exercise, I need to also remember to add weight lifting to my workouts 3 times a week, and remember to stretch my muscles after workouts.  It also told me that I don't get enough sleep (no surprise) and that I have too much stress (not surprised) and that I need to focus on getting in more fruits and veggies into my diet.  I used to be so good at eating enough veggies each day.  I would eat them with every meal.  The last few months things have been so crazy and fast paced that I have not made time to put good food into my body.  It is going to stop though, I am re-dedicated to good health for me and for my family.

I can't do much about the stress and lack of enough sleep, but I will focus on what I can change right now and then go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment