Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday, December 31st 2010

I am back!!!  Last Friday, Christmas Eve, was the beginning of a nasty head cold that put me in bed for three days.  Simon also got pneumonia and has not left my side for the last few days.  Needless to say I have not worked out in over a week and it was REALLY hard to get up this morning at 6:30.  I could only question why I ever did this and do I really need to try and keep it up?

Coming out of being sick is hard for many reasons, but for me it was especially hard because after two days of basically nothing but sleep, I had a huge reality check.  It was back to work, back to recruiting students for the school, back to being mom, back to running a household.  I cracked!  I am just so grateful for my husband because I had a breakdown, he helped me up and we have now began the juggling act together, only he has taken on a few more balls to juggle in order to help me out.  I love him.

Anway, I DID workout this morning, and now I remember why I ever started doing this.  It makes me feel good, plain and simple.

Treadmill: 1% incline (I read any less is like running downhill, do at least this much
                  1.88 miles in 24.46 minutes.  Mostly walking, some short bursts of running,

Cycling: 3.66 miles in 15 minutes set at level 3.

Weights: Bi and Tri's 3x12 at level 4 
               Hams and quads 3x12 at level 3

December goal assessment:
My initial goal was to workout 20 days in december, that changed into 18 days.
The final result is that I worked out 13 days of December. 

Goal for January: Workout 15 days, with 3 big runs of 7 miles (outside if it is warm enough)
Food Goals:  Eat more fruits and veggies
These are realistic goals and I will achieve them! 

2011 goals:
Run a half marathon in the spring
Run a marathon sometime before the year is through
Run 3 10k's and any 5k' races that are free.
Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment